If you enjoy turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas don’t throw away those precious bones. Simmer them into a delicious holiday superfood that will keep you energized, and slimmed down between feasts.
Bursting with collagen packed protein and nourishing nutrients; bone broth nourishes your body, helps control cravings and even helps with a smooth skin.
Bone broth has become part of my winter routine and also part of my gut healing protocol as I recently had to take antibiotics for a bout of bronchitis. Good for anyone with an auto-immune disease – you can easily cook this gut healing broth in a day. Use it as a soothing sipping broth, or as a healthy liquid for your grains like rice and quinoa.
Turkey Bone Broth
- 1 Turkey carcass
- 2 quarts Filtered water
- 4 Carrots, washed and chopped
- 4 Celery stalks, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Place the turkey carcass in a large soup pot.
- Add the onions, celery, garlic and carrots.
- Cover the turkey bones with the filtered water
- Simmer for at least 6- hours on the stove pot or slow cooker.
Like this recipe? If you could use a little extra help in planning out healthy meals that are personalized for you – check out my ultimate healthy personalized meal plans here!