If you enjoy turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas don’t throw away those precious bones. Simmer them into a delicious holiday superfood that will keep you energized, and slimmed down between feasts.
Bursting with collagen packed protein and nourishing nutrients; bone broth nourishes your body, helps control cravings and even helps with a smooth skin.
Bone broth has become part of my winter routine and also part of my gut healing protocol as I recently had to take antibiotics for a bout of bronchitis. Good for anyone with an auto-immune disease – you can easily cook this gut healing broth in a day. Use it as a soothing sipping broth, or as a healthy liquid for your grains like rice and quinoa.
Turkey Bone Broth
- 1 Turkey carcass
- 2 quarts Filtered water
- 4 Carrots, washed and chopped
- 4 Celery stalks, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Place the turkey carcass in a large soup pot.
- Add the onions, celery, garlic and carrots.
- Cover the turkey bones with the filtered water
- Simmer for at least 6- hours on the stove pot or slow cooker.
There’s no one size fits all for what you should eat. If you would like to talk with me about what is the right diet for you, sign up for a complimentary consultation. Just click on the link to my online calendar to find a good time that works for you.