FIRE ALONG WITH THE EARTH COMPONENT, YOU ARE QUITE A FORCE OF NATURE.
PASSIONATE AND HOT-HEADED WITH THE ABILITY TO PERSUADE PEOPLE TO DO ANYTHING YOU WANT.
THESE TWO DOSHAS BRING STRENGTH AND A SMOOTH WAY OF HANDLING PEOPLE.
More About Your Dosha
Your body is composed of all three doshas. We have all three doshas in each of us, but we have them in unique combinations. This unique combination is what creates YOU and is the reason why Ayurveda is highly individualized.
So let’s look at you. You are a combination of Pitta and Kapha. That means either dosha can predominate in different seasons. Let me show you your two dominant doshas.
Pitta tends towards a medium and muscular build with sensitive skin. You can run hot, especially in the summer. Often having sharper facial features, with penetrating blue or green eyes, You can be well-organized, move with intent and pre-plan everything. Your analytical nature will drive you to ask questions about every aspect of making a decision before deciding something. You can be a fantastic improviser, negotiator and problem-solver because you live in the present. Just like a slowly growing fire, pittas take a moderate amount of time to go out of balance and a moderate amount of time to come back into balance.
Your other dosha, Kapha shows up as strong, jolly, sweet and highly structured in both body and mind. You tend to have thick, porcelain skin (you do not wrinkle easily) and thick hair. Your eyes are round with thick eyelashes and you have a strong, bright smile.
- Pitta–Kapha types often have Pitta physical characteristics with Kapha mental attributes. This means that you have great physical stamina and health along with a high capacity for exercise and athletic pursuits.
- In addition, you probably have a good memory and a strong capability for learning new information.
- You tend towards balanced emotions and excellent physical health.
- The Kapha dosha lends stability while Pitta dosha gives adaptability. This is quite the dynamic combination!
- On the down side, you can be prone to respiratory infections, skin infections, and premature graying.
- You can also be arrogant, overconfident, and a bit on the smug side.as are the sturdiest of the three doshas capable of handling a lot of work with endless patience. It can take you a long time to get out of balance and a very long time to come back into balance.
Signs & Symptoms of Imbalance
We often think of our health in terms of symptoms, however, symptoms are just signs of an underlying problem or imbalance. We want to treat the underlying cause of the imbalance and not just the symptoms.
- The common water element between Pittas and Kaphas means that there is an excess of wateriness or oiliness. This shows up in excess watery tissues of the body (phlegm, mucus) and in a tendency to have oily skin and hair.
- Thus, Pitta–Kaphas do well by eating foods that are astringent and drying.
- Likewise, Kaphas tendency toward stability and sometimes immobility means you can get stuck in a rut.
- Doing something spontaneous will keep things interesting for you and help balance you out!
- Additionally, for balance, you could benefit from active exercises such as yoga, walking, gymnastics, aerobics, bike riding, and running during the early part of the day.
Get Back in Balance
In order to eliminate symptoms and get back in balance, consider the following specific recommendations by clicking the link below:
- Water-based activities are ideal exercise for Pitta-dominant people. Try swimming or aqua- aerobics to stay fit but cool. Strolling after sunset, especially along a waterfront, is also a soothing way to fit some leisurely activity into your day. Being next to water is soothing to Pittas who find the coolness of water calming for their intensity, however the Kapha in you will prefer a dryer environment especially when the humidity starts souring.
- Protect yourself from the heat. Stay cool in warm weather by wearing loose cotton clothing. Cotton allows the skin to breathe and for Pittas – they need to wear natural fibers like silk, cotton, and linen. Synthetic material can heat the skin up too much. Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses to protect your eyes when you go out. Drink lots of room temperature water.
- Balance work and play. Set aside some time for R&R everyday, and do not get so absorbed in a project that you are unable to detach from it.
- Set aside about 30 minutes each day for meditation, to help balance the heart and emotions and to enhance body-mind-spirit coordination.
- Do not skip meals, do not fast and do not wait to eat until you are ravenously hungry. Although you can get so absorbed that you do not eat – this can increase acidity and make you irritable.
- Start your day with cooked fruit, followed by some cereal. Eat a sustaining meal at lunch, and a lighter meal for dinner.
- For snacking, choose sweet juicy fruit--fully ripe mangoes, sweet pears and sweet juicy grapes are excellent Pitta-pacifying choices. Delaying meals can cause excess acidity, so eat on time every day.
- The Amalaki herb helps enhance digestion without aggravating Pitta dosha. It also helps balance stomach acid and studies show that it functions as an antioxidant and supports the liver in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
Here are some great balancing recipes for you
- Being a Kapha-Pitta type means that these two dosha’s are predominant in your constitution. It is usually best to manage a dual dosha according to the season.
- In general, as a Pitta-Kapha, follow a pitta-pacifying regimen during the late spring and summer seasons especially when the weather is hot.
- Follow a Kapha-pacifying regimen during the cooler times of the year like fall, winter, and early spring and especially when the weather is cool and damp.
- To soothe sensitive skin, to balance emotions, and to nourish and tone muscles and nerves, indulge in an ayurvedic massage every morning before you bathe or shower.
- Use coconut oil for your massage because coconut cools the skin.
- If you like, you can add 3-4 drops of a pure essential oil such as lavender or sandalwood to 2 oz. of massage oil. Mix well before use.
- After your shower or bath, spray your skin with pure rose or sandalwood water to keep your skin feeling cool all day long.
- If you have high pitta, you may have difficulty falling asleep if work stress is high or there’s too much acid in your diet. For better sleep, a foot massage with warm ghee is recommended. Sleep in a cool, ventilated room; use sweet, cooling essential oils like jasmine and rose; and cover yourself with a light blanket.
- If you are Kapha dominant - then you probably find you are a pretty heavy sleeper and may tend to oversleep. So, set an early wake-up time and stick to it. When it comes to scents, favor warming and invigorating oils like eucalyptus, rosemary, and ginger.
Start your healing journey today
Each of us is unique and your dosha gives you tremendous insights into your unique nature. If you would like more help on how to connect the dots to stay happy, healthy and disease free. Start your healing journey today by booking a complimentary consultation.