The best way to show love to your Mum this Mother’s Day? A delicious homemade breakfast she is sure to love. This breakfast is so good your mum will think she is eating a decadent dessert but guess what? This is the best healthy french toast recipe you’ve ever tried. Made with healthier swaps like almond milk, coconut oil, and fresh-squeezed orange juice, this healthy french toast recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! It’s not too sweet, not too heavy, and amazing with powdered sugar or maple syrup. So roll up your sleeves and make this sumptuous and delicious breakfast just because – you love her!
French Toast Casserole
- 8 slices of thick-cut bread (I like sourdough, challah or whole-grain)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, orange juice, vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup.
- Place half of the mixture into a shallow dish. Add bread 4 slices at a time and allow to soak for 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook over medium heat with coconut oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked until desired taste.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 slices and egg mixture.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, fruit or toppings of choice.
Like this recipe? If you could use a little extra help in planning out healthy meals that are personalized for you, try a 2 week free trial of my Ayurveda meal plan today!