The best way to show love to your Mum this Mother’s Day? A delicious homemade breakfast she is sure to love. This breakfast is so good your mum will think she is eating a decadent dessert but guess what? This is the best healthy french toast recipe you’ve ever tried. Made with healthier swaps like almond milk, coconut oil, and fresh-squeezed orange juice, this healthy french toast recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! It’s not too sweet, not too heavy, and amazing with powdered sugar or maple syrup. So roll up your sleeves and make this sumptuous and delicious breakfast just because – you love her!
French Toast Casserole
- 8 slices of thick-cut bread (I like sourdough, challah or whole-grain)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, orange juice, vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup.
- Place half of the mixture into a shallow dish. Add bread 4 slices at a time and allow to soak for 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook over medium heat with coconut oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked until desired taste.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 slices and egg mixture.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, fruit or toppings of choice.
There’s no one size fits all for what you should eat. If you would like to talk with me about what is the right diet for you, sign up for a complimentary consultation. Just click on the link to my online calendar to find a good time that works for you.