A traditional, yet incredibly simple cranberry sauce with a healthy pomegranate twist.
I love Thanksgiving’s cranberry chutneys and sauces. However, I am a little picky, while I really enjoy the tartness of cranberries – I don’t like it as a jelly out of a can where it is too sweet, or too chunky where I spend hours chomping away at the astringent skin of these berries. So, here is a shockingly quick and easy throw it together cranberry sauce that is made with pomegranate juice that is high in antioxidants.
So, let’s make it…
Meals That Heal - Cranberry - Pomegranate Sauce
- 1 bag Cranberries
- 1 bottle Pomegranate juice (8 oz)
- ½ cup Raw cane sugar
- 1 stick Cinnamon (optional)
- Pour the bag cranberries into a medium sized saucepan
- Pour the pomegranate juice over the cranberries
- Add the sugar and cinnamon if using. If you like your cranberry sauce sweeter - add more sugar; more tart, less sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent any burning.
- Pour into a bowl, remove the cinnamon stick and chill in the refigerator until your turkey or main meal is ready.
- Enjoy ...and you can use it on your morning toast or muffins the next morning too!
Happy Thanksgiving and Enjoy!!
There’s no one size fits all for what you should eat. If you would like to talk with me about what is the right diet for you, sign up for a complimentary consultation. Just click on the link to my online calendar to find a good time that works for you.