You may have heard me several times talk about how hard smoothies are for most people to digest, and in general I am not a lover of smoothies. However, after Thanksgiving – if you ate a little more than you wanted, or ate foods that are too heavy, then this smoothie is great to have after the holidays, when it’s common for many people to over-indulge on foods that are too rich or hard to digest. This provides satisfying nourishment, and yet gently helps detox the system. And it’s also tridoshic, and can be enjoyed by all Dosha types.
Ingredients (everything should be organic)
- 1 cup almond, rice, chia, or quinoa “milk”
- 1/2 cup water (or more if you desire thinner consistency)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 apple
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup of fresh greens of your choice(spinach,sprouts, kale, chard, etc)
- Handful of fresh mint (optional, but really adds a wonderful taste dimension)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 TB maca powder
- (optional – good for taste) 1/2 TB cacao powder
Makes 2-3 servings. Great for breakfast.
Good for all Dosha types.
How to Make
Put all ingredients in a blender or VitaMix. Blend. Drink. Enjoy.
Like this recipe? If you could use a little extra help in planning out healthy meals that are personalized for you – check out my ultimate healthy personalized meal plans!